Monday, August 10, 2009

Journal 4.. :)

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?
Looking to those positive characteristics and qualities of mine, I feel good because I know to myself that i have it. I also realize that I could share those qualities to others.

2. The Golden Rule says “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:
  • when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation
    I want them to treat me nicely. It's fine with me if they laugh but I hope they won't tell something really annoying. If they would laugh, make sure that they know the answer. I hope my teacher will just correct me.
  • when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion;
I just want them to listen and respect what will I say.
  • when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation;
I want them to listen on my suggestion, if they don't want my suggestions, i hope that they would say it in nicer way. It's fine with me if they don't want it.
  • when you commit mistake;
I often commit mistake, i hope that they would correct me and tell me the right way with respect and understanding.
  • when you don’t like doing what they ask you to do
I hope that they would simply understand and respect my decision without any negative reactions.
  • when they want to give you their comments or suggestions?
I hope they would respect me.

b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect, what can you commit to yourself in terms dealing with the MCL community: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

In dealing with this people, I would respect them so that I could get a respect also in return. And of course, I would treat them, the way they treat me. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment